How To Become A Salesforce Developer
How To Become A Salesforce Developer
In essence, a Salesforce Developer has one job: to modify and manage Salesforce and the cloud services it provides to suit the specific and unique needs for a particular company.
- Salesforce is a Customer Relationship Management software (CRM) that uses cloud computing, real-time data analytics and many other CRM functions.
- It helps companies to connect with customers, partners and potential clients.
- Salesforce has become the number one CRM software that many companies, including even the ones in Fortune 500, to build better relationships with their customers.
- Since its launch, future developments of the application were kept in mind, so the companies can modify and design it’s functions and user interface according to their needs.
- This makes Salesforce a valuable asset, as it can be modified to suit your needs.
- To use this software efficiently and to master all aspects of it, to personalize it to suit your company’s uses, salesforce developers are needed.
- This job is high demand and a promising career in today’s times.
Who is a Salesforce Developer?
- A Salesforce developer knows not only software programming, but also Salesforce and it’s various CRM tools and clouds.
- Salesforce developers are one of the few job opportunities created through this app.
- Not only the demand for developers is high, but the salary is also good.
- Since all prominent companies of the world use Salesforce, there is no chance that the need for Salesforce Developers will shorten over time.
How Long Does It Take To Become a Salesforce Developer?
- To become a Salesforce Developer, the first thing you need to learn is the programming language of Salesforce called Apex.
- It is a programming language created by Salesforce for their software. It is used for virtually all their primary functions, mostly in cloud services.
- The standard languages can be learnt during a B.Tech course in computer science, a requirement for the career.
- Apex can take you approximately three months to learn, which may vary from person to person.
- Apart from this, you need to get the Salesforce Admin Certificate. The software company themselves issues it through an exam.
- If you are starting as a newbie, it can take you six weeks to prepare for the exam.
Salesforce Administration Certificate Exam
- Salesforce conducts an exam that you need to give to become an admin. Admins are people who have in-depth knowledge of the application and can customise Salesforce and its services to suit the needs of the company and its customers.
- This feature allows the companies to get the best of the functions of Salesforce. Admin’s job is to:
- Maintain the application.
- Make it easier and possible for all to use Salesforce, even if they don’t have the technical knowledge needed.
- Stay updated with the newest tools on the platform, and implement them.
This exam is essential to be a certified Salesforce developer. It takes about six months to 1 year to familiarize yourself with the platform, and a week to prepare for the exam. The exam will test the following:
- Managing users, data, and security
- Maintaining and customising Sales Cloud and Service Cloud apps
- Building reports, dashboards, and workflows
A career as a Salesforce Developer
As we have already established, Salesforce is the number one CRM software in the world. It is employed by the most prominent companies for customer relations management and boosting revenue streams.
Being the biggest in the industry, the job opportunities for a Salesforce developer are endless and well paying.
- The average salary of a Salesforce Developer is $108000 per annum
- High in demand job as companies employ Salesforce developers to get the best of all its features by modifying the application for their needs.
- Get access to training opportunities for free, which can boost your resume to your advantage
- There is no one path to this career. You can choose multiple ways to become a Salesforce Developer, thus having the freedom to decide how you want to enter the field.
- Salesforce is still overgrowing and has been designed to have scope for future development. Therefore you will be joining a growing and promising field.
- As it is a promising field, job security is not of concern. You are guaranteed a job and a paycheck at the end of the month.
Why wait to boost your sales
Lop.net will help you out to increase your business sales with the help of best salesforce consultant services.